SD (Secure Digital) cards are probably one of the most popular non-volatile storage devices extensively used in various digital media devices like smartphones, digital cameras, handheld consoles, and so on. They can be connected to a Personal Computer via a number of interfaces like USB (Universal Serial Bus). SD cards are available in a number of versions that differ considerably in their
speed of data transfer , cost and storage capacity.
There are situations in which an SD card can get corrupted due to numerous reasons. If you got into one of such undesirable situation then there is no manual way to reclaim or recover the files (including photos, music, videos, etc.) from SD card. Basic question that arises after facing such kind of data loss scenarios is that, how to recover files from corrupted SD card.
SD Card Photo Recovery is an advanced software that is created for corrupted SD card data recovery. The powerful scanning engine of this software is capable of identifying more than 300 file formats for the purpose of retrieving data from a corrupted SD card. This software provides the easiest recovery process for different media types such as
image files, videos, audios, etc. You can even
recover files from unrecognized micro SD card with in few easy clicks.
Main Reasons behind SD Card Corruption
- Abrupt Removal of SD card: Improper removal of an SD
card from the gadget or from computer while read/ write operation has been
taking place is a valid cause for SD corruption.
- Formatting Error: The use of an SD card in a number of
devices running under different operating systems can produce formatting
- Malwares: Malicious programs can infect an SD card
while connecting the card to virus infected PCs/ laptops. If the virus
intensity is high, it may damage the complete file system of SD card.
- Power Surge: A sudden power failure can affect SD
cards as well as other storage devices while using it on a computer.
- Other Reasons: Bad sectors on the card, system errors,
hardware problems are some other reasons that may lead to SD card
Some Important Traits of SD Card Photo Recovery Software
- Corrupted SD card data recovery using this software is still possible
although SD card is unreadable or inaccessible. This tool is widely
applicable for all data loss scenarios from an SD card along with corruption
problem. As a valid proof of this, the same software can be used as an
photo recovery application for Android phones.
- Digital RAW images of top camera brands such as Nikon, Canon, Panasonic,
Pentax, Fujifilm, Kodak, Sony, Samsung, etc. can be recovered using this
- Recovered data using this software can be easily sorted on the basis of
file name, file type, files size and date modified.
- This tool provides an option to preview recovered files before saving it
while performing corrupted SD card data recovery.
- This software is applicable to different types of SD cards. As an
example, it is well applicable in
recovering deleted images from micro SD card.
- Users can choose this software to recover data from faulty SD card
having partitions FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, HFS, HFSX and HFSX.
- Most of the latest operating system platforms of Windows and Mac are
adequate for the installation of this software for corrupted SD card data
- Different types of popular media formats such as MP4, MP3, MPEG, M4V,
WAV, AIFF, MIDI, MPG, 3GP, MOV, JPEG, TIFF, PSD, PNG, GIF, BMP, etc. can
recover easily using this tool.
- Users can recover data from corrupted memory cards of brands such as
Kingston, Samsung, SanDisk, LaCie, Sony, Moser Baer, Toshiba, Strontium,
Lexar, PNY, Panasonic etc.
- Dedicated Technical Support that is fully operational 24x7 is available
to resolve user’s doubts regarding use of this software.
Tips to avoid SD Card Corruption
- Avoid using an SD card on a number of devices simultaneously
- Before deleting a file, cross check to ensure that it is no longer
- Always opt for safe removal option while removing SD card from Windows
- Using a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) will definitely help to prevent
sudden system shutdown
- Use a proper backup of SD card data in any other device
- Before attaching an SD card into a computer, conduct proper virus check
Steps to Get Back Files from a Corrupted SD Card:
Step 1: Download and install SD card photo recovery
software on your PC. Then, launch this software and choose "Recover Photos"
option from the main screen as illustrated in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Now, select your corrupted SD card and click on
"Next" option to begin scanning process as shown in Fig 2
Fig 2: Select corrupted SD Card
Step 3: Further, after completion of scanning process
click on "Preview" option to view the restored files as shown in Fig 3
Fig 3: Preview Recovered Files
Step 4: After previewing if you want to save the
files on your computer then you have to buy the tool as shon in Fig 4.
Fig 4: Save Screen